Get ready to embark on a culinary journey that’s a symphony of bold flavors and hearty satisfaction. Our Spicy Pork and Vegetable Curry is a dish that not only ignites the senses but also warms the soul. This aromatic masterpiece combines tender, succulent pork with a medley of vibrant vegetables, all bathed in a rich and spicy curry sauce. Whether you’re a curry connoisseur or a newcomer to the world of fiery delights, this recipe promises to deliver a mouthwatering experience that will have you coming back for seconds. So, roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and let’s jump wholeheartedly into the enticing world of this tantalizing pork and vegetable curry.
Pork loin, cubed
Mixed vegetables (potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, etc.), chopped
Red curry paste
Fish sauce or soy sauce (for vegetarian/vegan version)
Brown sugar or palm sugar
Thai basil leaves
In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil over medium heat on the induction cooktop.
Add chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
Add red curry paste and stir-fry until fragrant.
Add cubed pork and cook until browned on all sides.
Pour in coconut milk and vegetable broth. Add chopped mixed vegetables and bring to a simmer.
Season with fish sauce (or soy sauce) and brown sugar (or palm sugar) to taste.
Let the curry simmer for about 20-30 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Nutritional Values and Estimated Costs
Here’s an estimate based on standard quantities and commonly available brands. Please note that actual values may vary depending on specific ingredients and brands used.
Nutritional Values (per serving):
- Calories: Approximately 400-450 kcal
- Protein: Approximately 25-30g
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 20-25g
- Dietary Fiber: Approximately 4-6g
- Sugars: Approximately 6-8g
- Fat: Approximately 25-30g
- Saturated Fat: Approximately 15-18g
- Cholesterol: Approximately 50-60mg
- Sodium: Approximately 700-800mg
- Potassium: Approximately 600-700mg
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on factors such as the specific brands of ingredients, portion sizes, and cooking methods.
Approximate Cost (for 4 servings) in Manila:
- Pork loin: PHP 230-280
- Mixed vegetables: PHP 100-150
- Onion and garlic: PHP 20-30
- Red curry paste: PHP 50-75
- Coconut milk: PHP 40-60
- Vegetable broth: PHP 20-30
- Fish sauce or soy sauce: PHP 10-20
- Brown sugar or palm sugar: PHP 10-20
- Vegetable oil: PHP 10-15
- Thai basil leaves: PHP 10-15
- Cooked rice: PHP 20-30
Total approximate cost: PHP 520-720 for 4 servings (10 to 14 USD)