Latest posts by Camille Jacinto (see all)
- STUDY SHOWS: Ang Pag-iyak ay Nakakapayat - May 17, 2019
- 8 Exceptional Qualities ng Isang Successful Entrepreneur - May 13, 2019
- Top 5 Mistakes of a Retiree - May 9, 2019
Many couples find it hard to make their relationship work. In learning about marriage, you can’t simply attend school or seminars, because the only way to deal with your problems is to face it and listen to your partner.
Here are 10 secrets of a successful marriage you need to read.
- Love is a verb, not simply a feeling.
Feelings will fade away, but you should always choose to commit. Always remember your vow of commitment with your partner, “For better or for worse, til death do us part.”
- Marriage is often about fighting the battle within your heart and mind.
You don’t always win your battles, but what’s important is to keep your relationship intact. Learn from your mistakes and learn from what happens to you and your partner.
- Crisis does not mean that your marriage is over.
When problems occur in your relationship, remember to be together in solving your problems.
- The grass is greener when you water it.
If you stop communicating with your partner, don’t expect a smooth sailing kind of relationship. The crucial part of a relationship is communication and some couples fail to do this because they think that marriage will thrive as long as you are together.
- You can change something, if you start changing yourself.
Don’t always expect changes from your partner. You have to always do a self-check and let your partner correct you when things are getting out of hand.
- Your attitude will make or break episodes in your life.
If you choose to be negative, everything will be negative. If you choose to see the brighter side of things, you will never worry about the things around you.
- Doing the same thing over and over will give you the same results.
If you think one solution does not give you a desired result, you’re probably doing something wrong. If you think it’s not working, probably the desired result you want is not the one for you.
- You have to be available and accountable.
When you chose to commit to your partner, you chose to be there always for him/her. Whenever something bad happens, both of you should be accountable to each other. Don’t be scared to sacrifice for the one you love, even it means you have to give up something about yourself.
- Happiness is not the most important thing.
At the end of the day, things will be boring, and everything will be like a cycle. If you always think about your happiness, you will lose the things that are important in your life.
- 10. Love, above all.
No matter what happens, make decisions out of love, and not out of fear and anger.